This is why its hard.

Tonight I walked in the house to total chaos.  Jed's teacher assigned a science fair project, which is good.  Jed began communicating this to his father and confusion ensued.  By the time I walked in, there was miscommunication, a concerned father, and a freaked out kid.  We were able to get things calmed down, find the science fair packet, check the teacher's blog and (finally) have a reasonable conversation.  I emailed the teacher with our questions and got the boy into a shower.  Bob's working out, Aileen has retreated to her room, and I'm totally wiped out.

My plan had been to get home, get changed, and get on the treadmill.  It's now an hour later on what has been a long and busy day.   This is my challenge, and this is why I'm fat.  What I WANT to do is pour myself a glass of wine, make a grill cheese sandwich or some cheese fries, curl up on the couch and soothe my stress with emotion-driven overeating.  That's what I WANT to do.

What I wish I wanted to do is close this down, get on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and then get a glass of water and grab some healthy dinner.  I hear my thoughts rattle around in my head.  Was my time on the treadmill this morning enough for today?  It's better than nothing.  Will taking one night off hurt?

But nope, I'm trying to get habits established.  To stop making excuses about how I'm too busy to take care of myself and just do it.  So that's what I'm going to do. 

I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can.

Comments

Lori L said…
I know you can, I know you can, I know you can!!!!
Keep going Mel.

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books