Okay, trying

I'm trying very hard to get past the grumpy and look at the positive.  First of all, I haven't been hungry really since deciding to make better food choices.  What's killing me is finding other ways to deal with stress and changing old patterns and habits.  And the other thing is that I feel better already.  My body feels better now that it's started moving a little bit.  And that's what this is all about - feeling better and being healthier. 

So I'm trying to create a new outlook and here was my realization for today.  My goal is to lose 100 pounds.  That won't put me in the "stick thin" category, but it will put me in the middle of my recommended weight window.  So here's what I will have gained by losing 100 lbs.

100 lbs = 2 bags of IAMS dog food that I carry from the truck to the house.
100 lbs = 2 third graders.
100 lbs = 2 concrete cinder blocks measuring 8x12x16"
100 lbs = 10, 10 pound bags of potatoes
100 lbs = 20, 5 pound bags of sugar

How awesome will it be to wake up in the morning without lugging that stuff around?

Comments

Lori L said…
huge fabulous goal.. remember to make smaller, more manageable goals, like the first 5 pounds gone. one bag of sugar gone.
Melanie said…
Trust me my friend, I'm celebrating every bag o'sugar I drop!!!
Lori L said…
and we feel SO much better with every bag o sugar we drop. and not on our toes.

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books