crazy like a fox

So my sweet wonderful husband is recovering from surgery.  He's taking his pain meds dutifully, sleeping quite a bit, and occasionally saying weird things that verbalize his dreams.  I figured I was okay to get on the treadmill for while.  When Bob got up from his chair, and said he was going to the bathroom, I didn't think twice.  When he didn't come back for what seemed a long time, I sent Jed to check on his dad.

Jed came back to tell me, "Dad's fine.  He's just trimming his beard."  That worried me a little, but beards grown quickly.  In reality, it turns out my husband was cutting his own hair.  Yes, that's correct.  My pain killer taking husband decided to get a pair of clippers and cut his own hair.  Oh, and I must add he did it with his left hand because his right arm is still in a sling.  Yes, he's right handed normally.  However, his brains weren't addled enough to miss a chance at  a devious plan - waiting until I was on the treadmill and couldn't monitor him.

There's not much I can do about it at this point, and it could always look worse, I suppose.  Still, I'm both amused and moderately irritated.  Just my luck that he's no more compliant drugged than he is sober

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

books

what goes up, must come down