I'm grumpy

So it's Friday night and what I really want is a couple of martinis and some artichoke dip.  But I've made it 4 days (well, almost 4 days) and I am going to stick it out.  My sweet husband reminds me that days 3 - 7 are the worst, as my body is craving all the bad stuff and trying to convince me to relapse.  My wise mother says that it's only hard until the body clears out all the sugar.   I actually have enough calories left that I could have a glass of red wine but I have been refusing to buy any and our stash is all gone.  So maybe a sugar free jello? Umm. Tasty.

I got up and walked before work but Bob convinced me that I didn't need to do a 2nd time today, that it's okay to take it easy in the beginning.  It's probably a good idea because I'm tired.

The other thing that sucks about trying to get healthy is drinking all this damn water.  I know I need to drink a lot more water so have been making a concerted effort.  That's why I was up three times last night peeing.  Grrr.  Arrgh.

So I write this all down to continue my belief that my making public declarations of my intent I will be shamed into success.  Just be warned that interacting with me comes at your own risk.

Comments

Lori L said…
keep going Mel. I'll interact with you, even at great risk. I lost 20 pounds, now stuck. started a new weight routine yesterday, with only 5 pound weights. kicked my a**. all different moves and lots of balancing with them. Bob is right, slow and steady.

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books