all done

So both Bob and I survived his shoulder surgery today.  Here's hoping we both survive his recovery period.  It was our first experience at the new Surgery Center of Fairbanks, which his doc, Dr. Wade, spearheaded.  I have to say it was better than the hospital, although I never had a problem with Fbks. Memorial.  The surgery center was just calmer and seemed more controlled.  We had the same nurses all the way through, which was great and reassuring. 

When I met Bob I was impressed by how damn healthy he was.  He worked out, ate well, took care of himself.  It's kind of ironic that healthy Bob has had 7 sinus surgeries and 4 orthopedic surgeries since we've met. Plus dental surgery, removal of lipomas, two colonoscopies and another "day procedure."  I think I'm getting pretty good at nursing, especially since nurturing and patient isn't necessarily my natural state.

So I'll keep my husband in ice and pain meds. I'll work on my patience and my patient.  Now that my husband had two bionic shoulders, it's even more inspiration for me to stay on my healthy plan so I can keep up with him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books