The sounds of home

I'm sitting in my chair slugging through the homework.  All the while I hear the sounds of the boy, narrating his life and vocalizing the thoughts that come through his head.  I hear him singing, nonsense sounds, rhyming over and over.  He moves between opera and rap and sweetness to Christmas tunes.  Mostly its just background noise, but occasionally I tune in to the words.  So far today I heard a refrain of "feels like guacamole in my pants, pants, pants" and an operatic ditty with the words Afghanistan, frenemy, mountain, and blue (I couldn't make it out completely).   I heard the musical version of a Bey Blade attack from launch to destruction ("You're going down, down in a whirling frenzy of doom').  I even got an "I love my awesome mama" song as I prepared him lunch.

A few minutes ago he looked up at me, smiled and said, "I don't know why I love singing, mama, I just can't stop!"

Sounds like a good day to me.

Comments

Missy said…
My grandma, a wise woman, said that happy children sing and whistle.
Melanie said…
Let's hope that's true! I also hope he doesn't really ever put guacamole in his pants.
Missy said…
There are worse things for him to put in his pants. Trust me.
Melanie said…
Oh Missy, I don't even want to know...

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books