grrr

Mark Twain once said, "When you're angry, count to four.  When you're very angry, swear."
 
Do you ever have those days when you're just pissed off at the world?  I'm having one of those days. 

This is one of those days that if I wasn't a responsible family woman (doesn't have quite the same ring as "family man" does it??) with children to feed, chores to do, a husband to see I would probably go sit down and have a drink or two, a totally unhealthy response mechanism, and see if I could engage fellow bar-standers in a political debate (Palin or Miller, anyone) or an argument over hockey.  If I was in Kenai, I'd say something about ANWR or Kenai River Guides, but those buttons don't work as well up here in Fairbanks.

There's no reason for my grumpiness; it wasn't a bad work day, and I got a massage after work, which is a really good thing.  I think it was coming up to a pile of dishes I haven't done, homework I have yet to complete, and a son who spends an hour hemming and hawing before he lets his dad take a darn splinter out.

My husband would say I'm grumpy because I'm dieting, and that might be part of the issue.  I don't feel hungry and I'm not having any real cravings.... maybe I'm just pissed off about being fat.  Now that's an irony because not only is that totally my doing, it's also totally in my control.  Maybe I'm grouchy because the world is a logical place and I want a magic wand that allows me to transfer selected fat from my body strategically onto the bodies of skinny people and bad people. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness."

Okay, I get the point. Choose your attitude and all that jazz. 

I guess I'm over it.

Comments

Lori L said…
humm, sounds an awful like perimenopausal symptoms to me. I know you think you're too young.
but GOOD point, choose your attitude.some days just take more energy than others to choose a positive one.
Missy said…
Now, see, I think that sometimes one minute, or five, of a good strong mad keeps the world from exploding or imploding. It's like needing a cleansing cry. I'm not saying kick a puppy, but a good solid ticked off is good for the soul. Then....get happy. :)

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books