word

"In writing, fidelity to fact leads eventually to the poetry of truth."

"Good writing can be defined as having something to say and saying it well. When one has nothing to say, one should remain silent. Silence is always beautiful at such times."
~ Edward Abbey


I'm thinking about writing this morning, about truth, and poetry and faith. And it's ironic because I'm pondering these concepts while watching NFL football, an example of modern society's desire to return to a gladitorial past and lull the masses with vicarious battle. It's more ironic because I'm contemplating faith and truth after I sent my family off to church, though not necessarily to worship, and I stayed home. This morning I'm worshiping the word and the world. And a good cup of hot coffee.

Comments

Sheila said…
"...but not necessarily to worship." I agree with your observation and well said. I bet you would like a song written by Jackson Browne, The Rebel Jesus. Check out the lyrics sometime when you're bored. =)

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books