disclaimer

Yesterday I vented a la blog. I posed rhetorical questions about the nature of blog readers. If my blog opens in the forest and there's no one there to read it, does it make a sound?

I am fortunate to have folks who read my blog... heck, when I started writing it was my hope was that no one would ever find it. Now that I know some folks do read it, it's changed my narrative perspective a bit, which might be a good thing. Either way, it just "is."

So thank you to those who read, and hopefully you get a chuckle or a thought to repay you for your time spent reading. Please don't read the previous post as a cry for comments; it was mainly my musings on the nature of writing. No one who writes, from the closet journal writer to a published novelist ever knows for sure that s/he will have an audience, that people will read and enjoy and give feedback. We write for ourselves, because there's a fire within that requires it, that forces the words into the world.


You've been a great audience today. I hope the tour was to your satisfaction.
Sir, I see your hand, but I ask that you hold your questions to the end.
No, this isn't the end, Sir. You'll know the end when it arrives.
Fire and Brimstone? Perhaps. Or it may be as Eliot foretold, not with a bang, but with a whimper.
No, I don't think you get your money back just because you don't like the answers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books