I've been trying to write more.  The problem is that I don't always have a lot to say.  When I started writing it never occurred to me that anyone would read anything I posted, so I spewed out the drivel that rolls around in my mostly empty noggin.  I was also still learning to deal with a boy, so there was probably some humor in that.  Little kids are funny; I think they're less so as they grow. 

When I used to write "old school" I made myself write in my journal for at least 20 minutes every day.  Sometimes I discovered deep thoughts, mostly I just forced out words.  I have about 12 years of journals in boxes in the studio.  (I should probably get rid of them before I kick the bucket and the kids have to muck through all the crap.) 

So now I force myself to write and it (mostly) gets published on my little blog.  On occasion I write something I like.  Often I share my random thoughts on issues.  When I get a gem, I post a laugh about my life.   I think the most important thing is just to keep writing, developing the habits of mind I value.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books