Matriculated

Well, it's official.  I'm officially a Master of Arts.  Although it took me 18 years after earning my Bachelors degree, I went back to school and received a Masters of Arts in Education with a focus on Curriculum and Instruction.  I must say that I definitely feel that I learned something in the 23 months I was in the program.  It was a worthwhile, albeit expensive, experience.  My family says I don't LOOK any smarter, but I'll show them!!

I really enjoyed being back in school.  Having to read the research, reflect on best practice, study current trends, and increase my basic knowledge in everything from theories of child development to interpreting statistics was really good for me.  It reinvigorated me, both professionally and personally.

So I decided to start a second masters program.  So far it's not been as good as SXU, but I'm enjoying my current class.  I told Bob that if I get another degree I'll be almost as smart as he is!

It all makes me chuckle.  I remember telling my little brother once that he was matriculating and I was going to tell mom on him!  He got quite upset until she explained that it meant going to school. Even back then I was smart!  Or a smart alec...depending on your perspective.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books