sexx

Today my son is doing his homework and he's adding numbers out loud.  "3 + 6 = 9."  Then he starts to laugh.  So I ask him what's so funny.  "S-i-x sounds like s-e-x-x," he giggles.

"So why is that funny?" I ask?
"You know why. It's s-e-x-x," he answers.
"So what does s-e-x-x spell?" I ask him.
He makes a face. "Mo-om.  You know what it spells."
So I ask a new question, "So why is the word sex funny?"
"Mom, you know why.  It's funny.  For one thing it sounds like it would be s-e-x but really it's s-e-x-x."

(I'm not sure exactly how to proceed from here.  This is uncharted territory.  Hmmmm.)

"So do you know what it means?"  I ask.
"Yes."  He sounds shocked that I would question that.
"So tell me what it means."
"I'm not going to tell you what it means.  You know what it means."
"Okay Jedidiah, if you're going to spell words and use them, you need to know what they mean.  So if you're going to say it and spell it, tell me what it means."

(He looks uncomfortable for a minute.)


"Okay, let's say a man and a woman are on a romantic drive and they pull over and they start kissing and kissing and kissing.  That's it."

Hmmm.  "So kissing and kissing means sexx?"

"Mom!  Will you quit asking me about it."  He picks up his homework and heads to his room.

I guess we've just had our first official sexx talk.  I need a glass of wine.

Comments

Missy said…
You need to have more before that boy is too much older so get yourself some more boxes of wine!
Sheila said…
oh my gersh! Oh Iam so glad I'm not having that talk yet! You are brave and I agree with Missy, you need more wine. Parenting's all fun and games until it's time for the talk... yikes!
Lori L said…
Phew, that was a really good one. Thanks for making me laugh out loud.
So mucher better you than me.
and I concur, more wine!
red wine of course, it's medicinal.

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books