nirvana

I'm embracing the fact that there are some things I can't change.  Like water for example, or lack thereof.  They mystery of the Hadaway water system is a prime example of the fact that knowledge and science don't have all the answers.  All of the logical problems have been explored, a systematic examination of the system has been executed, theories of heat and ice and conductivity have been discussed.  The result....nada.

So instead of stressing out, I'm going to my happy place.  In my mind water (and wine) flows abundantly.  Birds sing, rainbows sparkle and chocolate grows on bushes.  In this happy place it's okay to never shower, and the smells of the unwashed are welcomed and celebrated, bottled like a fine perfume.  The dirt in my family's ears is prime growing soil for a variety of luscious plants, including delicacies like tomatoes, roses and blackberries.  Personal hygiene is considered vanity and women proudly braid their leghairs instead of worrying about shaving.

As my daughters lament our primitive conditions and flee to their mom's for their daily bathing rituals, and my son revels in the fact that he can pee off the porch without fear of prosecution, I am going to stay here in my happy place.  Perhaps one day the water fairies will grace us with their magic dust and water will once again flow freely from our pipes.  Until then, don't rouse me from my fantasy, but I would suggest staying down wind.

Comments

Sheila said…
Braid their leg hairs... oh lord! LOL! =)

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books