Break in the new

New Years resolutions have always irritated me, although I understand that a new beginning brings the promise of change.  So I've mustered my resolve to write more.  And so it begins....

I think I haven't been writing because my life isn't that exciting, and my son's funny sayings aren't quite so anecdotal and easy to package.  I haven't had big thoughts lately - or ones worthy of sharing, I suppose.  Lots of my thoughts are pretty random and might have folks questioning my sanity.  So, I'm going to have to find topics to write about that are meaningful, of interest to me and anyone else who might stumble across it, and yet don't make me seem like a raving lunatic.

Edward Abbey wrote, "
Good writing can be defined as having something to say and saying it well. When one has nothing to say, one should remain silent. Silence is always beautiful at such times."  

I'll try to respect that sentiment.  The rest, is silence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books