Snack cake saga

So a few nights ago my husband shared with me that he had never eaten a Twinkie.  What?  What sort of person lives 53 years and never eats a Twinkie??  Granted, he's from the south where Moon Pies and Yoo Hoo is more common, but no Twinkies??!!  Then, upon further interrogation it comes to  light that he's never eaten ANY Hostess snack product.  No Ding Dongs, no HoHos, no Snowballs.  WTH???

So I go to the grocery store and ask the worker where I can find Hostess snack products.  When I do find them, in the bread aisle, by the way, they're on sale.  10 snack products for 10 bucks.  What a deal!
So I buy one of each (2 Ding Dongs, as I figure I should eat one too) and bring them home.  Given that it's a school night, Bob doesn't want to go crazy with the sugar, so we plan to break 'em open for a wild Friday night.

Tonight when we get home, the dog slinks out the door before we even make it in.  Bad sign.  Turns out she's gone onto the kitchen table and found the snack food products.   There are bits of coconut from the Snowball and pieces of wrapper everywhere.  The dog has eaten the Ho Hos, the Ding Dongs (both of them) and the Snowballs.  The Twinkies are on the floor under the kitchen table untouched.  I think she left them for Bob.

So now, the fun begins.  For one thing dogs aren't supposed to eat a lot of chocolate, but DingDongs are mostly chemicals not chocolate, right?  So we wait to see if it affects her "system" and if we have to clean it up.  The next thing is the dilemma, do I tell Bob the dog probably licked the Twinkie package?  It's not like she got to the actual snake cakes.  And, I have to go back and buy more products.  I mean, what kind of wife would I be if I left his life progress without the experience of these delicacies?

Bob didn't have cotton candy until he was in his 20's.  He had never eaten Creme Brulee until we were engaged.  He'd never eaten egg plant, and he's still never had a sip of coffee.  I must not let him go any longer.  It's time for a Twinkie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books