it's not just me

Apparently the boy's father also has his "moments."

Overheard last night....

Papa: "Jedidiah.  If you get out of that bed one more time, I am going to beat you."
Jed:  "Hmm.  What will you beat me with?"
Papa:  "A big pot."
Jed:  "Okay.  I guess I'll stay in bed."

Granted, Jed has never been beaten by his father, so I found the question rather funny.  But when I shared my amusement with his dad, all he could say was, "Maybe we haven't beaten him enough... that might be the root of the problem."

So much for my calm and mild mannered husband...

Comments

Missy said…
the "reality" of Bob's answer probably convinced Jed of the seriousness. If Bob had said "your own leg" he might not have made the same choice. But it does amuse me that Jed knows his dad and mom that well. I'm getting my plans ready to go to Jed's inauguration as president.

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books