Valentine's Day

"Marriage has no guarantees. If that's what you're looking for, go live with a car battery." ~Erma Bombeck

As I write this, my husband is at the office, our puppy is barking at the old dog who is whining and running back and forth to the kitchen trying to escape. My son is playing a game of Georgia vs. South Carolina football all by himself, tackling and throwing and even providing play by play announcing. There's dirt on the floor from where the puppy climbed into the plant, laundry to be folded, and dinner to be made. A South Beach dinner, by the way because my husband decided today was the day to start "serious weight loss."

So why have I had the best Valentine's day ever?? Well, I woke up to the sound of my son laughing in the living room, playing with the puppy. I was snuggled next to the best husband in the world, who had let me sleep in while he got up and dealt with the boy & puppy earlier in the morning. The sun was shining today, and when I picked up Jed at skiing his cheeks were pink, he was in a great mood, and he gave me a huge hug. On the way home he sang silly songs, and then offered to help haul groceries to the house. A few minutes ago he took a break from football to let me know "you're the best mom in the world." The middle child is coming home tonight, and the house always feels better with the girls home. She'll be happy with chocolate and the rose her father bought her, and her brother will worship her in his own way - usually by bugging her as much as possible.

Tonight we'll get the kids to bed, and hubby and I will snuggle down to watch an episode of Heroes and drink some champagne. I'll go to bed like I do every night, counting my blessings and being in love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books