sunshine on my shoulders

It's been sunny the past two days. Yesterday was a veritable heat wave of 30 degrees. The sunshine on our south facing roof began to drip. I left my coat in the car. The puppy refused to come inside, having stayed outside long enough to find her first dirt under the deck. I almost was lured into forgetting that it's only mid-February and this isn't really spring.

Today wasn't quite as warm but the sunshine was out again. The world looks different in the sun. Knowing that I dropped my son off at school in daylight and it's still light at 5:00 makes things seem more positive for some reason.

The spring sun makes me feel optimistic. I find myself making lists of yard chores, and thinking about what I'm going to plant this year. I skip right over the cleaning up winter debris - trash that's blown from the truck, dog poo that's thawing slowly in the shade. Maybe the winter debris fairies will come and take care of that, leaving me with a spotless yard ready to be landscaped.... and maybe they'll send their friends the landscaping fairies as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books