Writing

I like to write. I used to know this, in fact I used to consider myself a "writer," but I haven't even thought about it for a long time. I didn't expect to enjoy this "blog" thing, largely because I didn't (and still don't) really understand the "why" of blogging. I get the blogs that keep friends and family informed, I get the blogs that comment on politics or baby-friendly restaurants, I even get the blogs that share all the secret codes in the lastest PS3 game. I don't really get my own blog though.... it's just a chance for me to write. A way to force myself to write.

So why do I want someone - anyone? - to "follow" my blog (and why am I using so damn many quotations marks???)? Am I just needing to feel validated? How can I have someone follow without stressing out over who may read? I guess I could just create my own alter egos so it looks like I have followers. I could sing "I'm my own foll-o-wer" (sung to the tune of "I'm My Own Grampa).

Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis as I hit the big 4-0. I find myself thinking of all the things I wanted to do, and not so much wating to think of the things I need to do in the present. I don't regret my choices, I like where I am. Maybe it's just that writing, like reading, allows me to perform the "what if" experiment.

It goes like this....in science, one formulates a hyptothesis and puts it to the test. If I take chemical A and add chemical B and shake vigorously - what happens? In the world of humanity, we're not allowed to take human A and human B and shake. Reading and writing allows one to test the hypotheses of humanity.

At least that's my theory....

Luckily I have good friends and true family. They humor me and they nurture me.

Comments

I think we all need to be heard, to confirm our voice in the sea of existence. That's why blogs are more popular than diaries....we are " heard" rather than just writing on paper for no one to see....
BTW your friends and family are lucky to have you!

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books