Living the high life

Jed and I are sitting here on a Friday night in Wedgewood Manor.  Yup, displaced from our home we're in "extended stay" housing. The irony is that I lived here a bit in college; I've come so far.

Jed keeps commenting on how weird it is to live in a little box.  "How do you have birthday parties in an apartment?"  "How do you practice your trombone in an apartment?" "How do you wrestle in an apartment."

It's not THAT bad, but it's certainly odd.  And Jed came home from school on day one and said, "My friends say people get shot at Wedgewood." After reassuring him that wasn't true, Bob leaned over and showed me the Newsminer article.  Sure enough, last month two shot, 5 arrested in a drug shooting in the same building we're living in.  Luckily, my biggest gripe so far is the stink of tobacco smoke from the smokers who stand in the doorway.

I tell myself that in a few weeks I'll be home AND I'll have an actual functional kitchen and bath.  Light switches that turn lights on, a door on the bathroom, a light over the sink.  It's worth it, yes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books