laundry

When we moved into this apartment, we brought 5 days of clothes for me and 5 days for Jed, plus some knockarounds for evening/weekend.  Today, I needed to do laundry.  I got my tokens from the front desk, found out where the laundry room is, and gathered clothes and detergent.  As I was headed towards the door I suddenly realized that every, single murder/cop show I've ever seen has had someone killed in the laundry room - Law & Order, Castle, Bones, even The Walking Dead. Sometimes of course the victim is sleeping with someone's husband, or witness to a crime, but sometimes it's simply a matter of bad timing.  So I exited the door with caution, and made sure Jed knew to call 911 if I didn't return in 30 minutes.

I walked out of our entrance and made my way down the sidewalk to the entrance to the laundry room.  A man was walking out and held the door.  He looked normal enough, but I made eye contact confidently and watched to see him actually get into his car and not come back to shank me.

I found the laundry room.  It was clean, it was empty.  I put in my laundry and went back to our apartment with no excitement whatsoever.

I exercised the same caution on my return trips, two loads after all, and was met with the same results each time.  If there was a murderer lurking in the laundry room, he knew not to mess with me. I'm on to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books