We got to relive our honeymoon a bit yesterday, and share the story with our boy.  We spent Thursday night in Astoria at a fantastic hotel and then went to the Columbia River Maritime Museum, which is amazing.  My dad would have loved it, and I wish he could have shared a bit of what he knew with Jedidiah.  We went by the Goonie's House but didn't go in since it was yucky weather.  Then we took Jed to Ft. Clatsop where Lewis and Clark spent 4 months.  What a long 4 months that must have been in the cold and damp.  After leaving Astoria and sharing our honeymoon stories with Jed and taking a few pictures, we went to the Fred Meyer in Warrenton where 14 years earlier we bought enough champagne to have a bottle a day.  Didn't do that this time, though.

Decided to surprise my mom in Rockaway Beach.  On the way, we stopped a took a picture at the same lookout we'd visited on the honeymoon.  Wish I had the "now and then" photo, because I know I was thinner and less grey.  Bob still looks amazing, of course.  So we got a little time to visit with Grammie and Sweetie.  Also saw some old friends from Kenai, which was an added bonus.

Continued the lucky streak with a visit with my sister and Miles in Portland.  The boys loved the Red Robin bottomless fries.  I liked the stylin' new hat my sister knitted for me.  Mostly I just enjoyed getting hugs.

So tonight we bed down in a Comfort Inn and tomorrow we'll head to the airport once again.  I just know we'll get to DC tomorrow. Jed and I are extending our trip to fly home with Bob.  Even though it's not what we planned, we're having a great time.   Can't wait to see what the next leg of the trip brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

books

what goes up, must come down

imagination