vacation looms

Vacation looms.

I realized awhile back that Bob and I have never taken the kids on a pure "vacation."  When we've traveled out of state since we've been married, we've gone to visit our families.  We've taken the kids on trips around Alaska, but never done a "destination vacation."  That's about to change.

On Thursday, Bob, Jedidiah and I are going to fly to Washington DC for a vacation.  Bob has to go for a conference, so we decided to take Jed and go down a few days early.  I think Jed's the perfect age to enjoy DC, to remember the trip.  He loves history, he's inquisitive, he's so smart.  I'm really hoping he loves it.

Now granted this is a Hadaway trip, so there are complications.  The weather in DC isn't looking that great.  Jed's on antibiotics for a sinus infection. Bob's having knee surgery the week after he gets back. I'm not letting any of that put a damper on things though.  I'm excited and we're going to have a blast.

The first time I went to DC I was a senior in high school and I went on a Close Up trip.  I roomed with 2 girls from East Philadelphia.  We toured all over but I remember Embassy Row, visiting Don Young's office, and the Lincoln Monument.  One of my best memories is going with my mom to DC a few years back.  She and I saw the sights, ate some good meals, went to an opera at the Kennedy Center; it was an amazing few days with her and I treasure it.

I'm excited to go somewhere with my husband, somewhere where we're both tourists and equally unfamiliar with the terrain.  I'm excited for some uninterrupted family time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

books

what goes up, must come down

imagination