soup

I really like soup.  I like to make it, I like to smell it, and I like to eat it.  My husband says I make the best soup in the world, which makes me happy even though it's hyperbole.  I make "clean out the refrigerator soup" pretty regularly, and it usually turns out okay.  

Soup is one of those things that makes me feel happy, and warm, and like I'm taking care of my family. Just saying the word soup makes me smile. One of the books I remember from childhood is about chicken soup with rice .


In January it's so nice
While slippin' on the slidin' ice
To sip hot chicken soup with rice
Sippin' once, sippin' twice
Sippin' chicken soup with rice



Today I made two kinds of soup for a meeting I had. They were both very tasty and made me happy.  (Did I mention that crock pot soups make me especially happy because you get to come home to dinner all done?)

Soup #1 was vegan, gluten free Lentil Soup (what someone referred to as the "Democrat soup").

Cook an onion in a few tablespoons of olive oil and then add some garlic, cinnamon, coriander, cumen, tumeric, garam masala, salt and pepper and cook some more.  Put it in the crockpot and add 3 cups red lentils (rinsed).  Cover with vegetable stock and let it cook.  About an hour before serving add a bunch (4 cups?) of chopped spinach and two cans of coconut milk.  Serve with plain greek yogurt & lime.  Yum.

Soup #2 was carnivore, dairy and wheat-full (Republican soup)
Chop up a couple of chicken breasts and season them with garlic, italian seasoning, pepper. Cook them a little bit and then put them in the crock pot.  Add a box of tortellini, some chopped up green beans and carrots. Add chicken stock (remember the tortellini will soak it up) and then break up a block of cream cheese into the soup.  Add basil, oregeno, garlic, salt and pepper, and some Frank's Red Hot.  Cook it up.

gosh I love soup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

books

what goes up, must come down