Same ol'

I'm not a hotel and traveling kind of girl.  I'm sitting here hunkered down, getting to control the remote for once, and I could be anywhere in the U.S.  Anywhere but home, anyway.   I know a lot of folks who look for conferences, look for reasons to travel.  I'm not one of those people.  I don't hate it, and I value professional development that helps me do my job better.  

So here I am in Richmond.  After traveling all night, I'm not real energetic. Went for a walk around the canal, checked out the old brick buildings.  And then I hunkered down in the hotel, did some work, did some research for a paper, ordered a bowl of soup and some wine.  Now, with the shades drawn and CNN on tv, I'm missing home.  The siding should be done, the snow should be falling, and hopefully the family is taking care of my dog who is probably confused.

So good nite Internet, good night moon. Good night television, going to bed soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books