Richmond food

Today is day #2 in Richmond, Va.  Conference is good and found some good food as well.   Dinner at the CanCan Brasserie (http://www.cancanbrasserie.com/0408_opening.html)     I had a port poached fig salad, with a duck confit and goat cheese.  Very tasty.  The entree was a wild mushroom bread pudding - again, very yum.  My table mates enjoyed their pomegranate quail and lamb.  There was a also a yummy, gingery Poison Apple martini.  Ummm.

Dessert was across the street at Carytown Cupcakes.  I couldn't choose between the peanut butter oreo and the hummingbird, so got both.  The peanut butter oreo was amazing!

Richmond seems interesting so far.  Not a lot going on in the downtown area where my hotel and the conference center is.  The city is clean, but seems pretty barren. Carytown was certainly more hopping, but we managed to get into the restaurant straight away (granted, it was 6:30 which is early for big city dining).

So the challenge is tomorrow night.  I'm looking for good local food, which is always my goal.  Seems like lots of good options.

I enjoy finding and eating foods that we don't get in Fairbanks.  Makes me inspired to go home and try making some of them for the family as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books