Halloweens past

It's Halloween again.  This year I'm going to be in Anchorage so I'll miss out on the trick or treating.  Bob can take the boy and, unless things change by Monday, it will be a warm and low snow evening.  I keep thinking of the years of 20 below and snowstorms, but this year has been weirdly mild so far.

Jed is probably going to be an astronaut.  Aileen is still deciding.  This year, no costume for me.  I'm not in a school and I'm not trick or treating, so mellow I will be.

I suggested to Ali that we make her a tin woodsman costume, with a cute heart inside.  She liked the idea for a minute, then nixed it.  I suggested a little girl, an octopus or an M&M.  No go.  I suggested she take her dad's overcoat and galoshes and go as a flasher.  Her dad said no.  I wonder what she'll decide.

I was a punker one year at Lathrop, and then we went to buy a new car and I looked like an 80's throwback crazy woman.  It was a cool costume though, and the students had no idea what to think.  Bob always was a pirate, which was fine with me.  He looks good as a pirate.

So this year my family will have to figure it out without me.  Happy Halloween.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books