fondue

When I was a kid, we had fondue for New Year's Eve.  My mom would make these cool meat sauces, and we would cook our meat and eat fondue and drink sparkling cider.  Sometimes my folks would go out, and the three of us would hang out at home and watch the ball drop on tv.  I have nice memories of New Year's in Kenai.  In fact, I recently acquired some more fondue pots, so I can have a fondue party here at my house.  We had friends over one night for fondue - one pot for cheese, one for chocolate, and one with oil for cooking meat and I made my mom's old sauces.  I have her original 1960 era Better Home and Garden Fondue Party! cookbook.

Tonight, there's no fondue at our house.  Ali just got home and Georgia was in the Liberty Bowl so it was a bit of a busy-ish day.  Instead, Ali is having her favorite meal, mac-n-cheese, Bob and Jed are eating their favorite hamburgers with homemade french fries.  I am on day 4 of my 45 day "no sugar, no alcohol, no fun" plan to get myself healthy, so I'll probably have a piece of chicken breast and some veggies.  My first New Year's Eve without champagne in a long, long time.

So here's to family traditions, family gatherings, and the start of another New Year!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books