post-holiday breath

I think one of my favorite things about holidays is the post-holiday excuse to collapse. This is especially true after Christmas. The presents are purchased, wrapped, opened, and are now being enjoyed by their recipients. Food is planned, cooked, and stored in the fridge providing leftovers for anyone who is hungry and removing my need to cook. Sleepless anticipation has been replaced by comfortable relaxation, and naps become the order of the day. The kids have plenty to keep them busy, and the grownups are settled in with warm socks and new books to read. The only creature in our house still full of energy is a 7 week old puppy, and she only attacks in short bursts and then naps with the rest of us.

The joy of the post-holiday breather is that I get to look around at my family, all content and settled and happy, and just enjoy them.

Peace.

Comments

Sheila said…
Saturday was like that for us. It was one of my favorite days this year. We just played and rested and there was zero pressure. I'm glad you guys are having days like that too!

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books