frugality

So now that I'm a SAHM (as one friend put it) and we're on a much reduced budget, I've been spending some time scoping out sites that have suggestions for living on a shoestring. There's a couple of really cool "coupon" sites with information on finding and using coupons. Others focus on ways to reduced spending and save overall.

I don't know that I really get coupons; they seem confusing to me and like it's a lot of work to find, print, organize, and use. Still, I should make an effort to explore and try it out. If it saves money, it's a good thing.

Planning meals and making smart purchases will be a big one for us. When we're busy, we have tended to either eat out or eat processed, pre-packaged stuff. Just doing away with the Hot Pockets and canned ravioli will help save money. I understand that more rice & beans and less meat saves money. I wonder if it's more or less healthy for the kids and us??

Since the family will be back Sunday, next week will be the beginning of the test. Can I feed the family cheaply without sacrificing variety and health? I think I'm up to the challenge....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books