9 weeks

9 weeks until school is out and summer begins. This last quarter always goes quickly -between the weather, the "how do I do it all" panic, the extras like testing and proms - May comes fast. It's always odd because I love teaching, I like my job, but by this point in the year I'm emotionally worn out. Spring break helps, especially spring breaks like the one where my husband spoils me rotten and I leave reality behind for five days.

Spring is also energizing because the longer days bring hope. I start making to do lists - garden, house, projects, painting, books to read. This year the garden will be "done," or at least terraced and planted before July 4. This year, I'll get the rocks redone on the path, and weed guard down as well.

In some ways it doesn't matter to me whether I really get these things done or not, the fun (at least this time of year) is just the planning, the pondering of life outside of school. 9 weeks to go and my mind is my own again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books