Work

I love teaching. I love working with students - even squirrely ones - and I love figuring out ways to help students learn difficult concepts. Somehow though, I'm at a point where I'm considering a different career. I don't feel like I can do my best at grading, paperwork, teaching, and parenting/partnering.

I'm wondering if it's the same story in all careers? Is this the difference in a career and a job? Maybe I just need a job, although few jobs will pay me what teaching does. And would the stress caused by reduced income counteract the relief of grading piles of papers?

I hate the feeling that I'm doing everything half-assed, and not excelling at any of them.

Once again, the questions come easily. If I could only find the answers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books