cremains

One week ago, the word "cremains" wasn't even in my vocabulary. If I had heard it I would have laughed. It's a funny word to refer to someone's burned body parts. Today, however I've heard the word way too much. In fact, my father's cremains are on the coffee table in front of me. They're contained in a plastic, sealed container and covered in a blue "velvet" bag. My sister and I agree that, had the box fit, a Crown Royal bag would have been more appropriate for the old man. There's something strange about how sadness and humor come together - we've been laughing our assess of (unfortunately not literally) all night. There are so many funny stories, and the idea that dad is sitting here listening is also funny for some reason.

One cool thing about returning to Kenai is that there are so many caring people - folks who will come out and support us and send us "if you need anything" and mean it. It's nice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books