tomorrow

The first day of school is tomorrow. Ali will be a sophomore in high school; tenth grade is a big year. She's got her outfit all picked out though she's still undecided about how to wear her hair. She's checked with her friends via Facebook and texting to find out who's in her classes with her. Watch out Lathrop High School, here she comes!

Jed will be in second grade. He's in a 2nd / 3rd multi-age class this year, which he's not thrilled about although he says he's willing to give it a try. He knows some kids in his class, and although his best friend Henri isn't in his class his teacher promises they can see each other at lunch and recess.

First the first time in a long time I'm not uptight about the first day of school. Last year I spent the night before having a breakdown, and I had decided halfway through the first day that I wouldn't be teaching. Prior to that I'd always been super excited and happy about the first day of school, so last year's anxiety and stress was a huge indicator that something wasn't right.

Bob will have a busy day. As part of the management team he's been charged to visit schools and see how things are going. He will visit both of the kids' schools, which is cool. I'm going to start my day being a helper at Lathrop as well, so at least I'll feel useful and get to experience the energy.

It will be good to have a routine again; our whole family does better with a routine, I think. It will be a little sad to not take Jed to and from school each day, but I am truly excited about my job this year. I just hope that the schools are ready for my kids.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books