blood

When I was little I wanted to grow up and be a vampire. (I guess that's not too strange, my brother in law wanted to grow up and be a totem pole....) On the back of the bathroom door was this strange pattern in the wood. To me, it looked like a vampire. I pointed it out to my brother the last time I was there - it's the last door to be replaced in what is now his house. He said he had never noticed it before. How could he not?? We had a vampire in our bathroom.

I liked that vampires lived on blood. They needed life blood to live but were not alive. Even as a kid, I was into irony. They stayed up all night. I liked that too. I was a vampire for Halloween almost every year (except for the disaster of the Queen of Hearts, but my therapist says its best to forget that one....)

Vampires are "in" right now - books like Twilight and the Vampire Diaries and the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries, movies and tv shows based upon those books are everywhere. Bob and I have been watching the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and are now into the spinoff, Angel.

So what is it about vampires?? Why are they so intriguing? And how did I go from wanting to be a vampire to wanting to be a diesel mechanic??? Go figure.

Comments

Sheila said…
Thanks for making me laugh. I loved the part about the therapist! Sometimes the true stuff is the funniest stuff! =) Cheers - Sheila

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books