Texting

First, let me make it very clear that I love my mom.  A lot.  And I like her too, and respect her.  I don't want anyone to think anything different.

Okay, now its time to talk about texting.  (In fact, I'm already giggling.)

One on visit mom and I talked about texting, and she shared that with her long fingernails, texting was problematic.  I pointed out that she had voice to text on her phone, and that all she needed to do was hit the button, speak to her phone, and voila! her text was magically ready to send.  I felt like a good daughter, helping her mother with technology.  Little did I know at the time that we had created a monster.

Wait, monster isn't an accurate word.  What I didn't realize is that she would speak to her phone and hit send without looking to see what her phone actually heard her say.  And in her defense, she's pretty accurate about 85% of the time.  It's the other 15% that makes me crack up.

Here's an example of a text from mom:
Two pet carriers. 10:00 Thursday.

To which I reply:
????

To which she replies:
Pedicures. 2 pedicure appointments on Thursday.  Dammit. You know what I meant.

Umm, actually ma, I had absolutely no idea what you meant.  But now that I do, I'm literally laughing out loud.

I wish I could remember more examples, but trust me that they tend to be hilarious.  If I get a text from her during the work day, I read it out loud to my coworkers at various speeds until somebody finds a phonetic connection and comes up with a reasonable interpretation.  It's like that old game of MadGab.

This morning I was reading the Huffington Post online and ran across an article of funniest AutoCorrects this month.  One of them looked like this:
So what did I do (besides crack up)?  I took a screen shot and sent it to my sister.  This was her reply:

If I had a better filter, or didn't know my mom had a sense of humor, I would be a bad person for posting this.  Instead, I'm sharing my humorous start to the day with the world.  I'm pretty damn lucky to have an awesome mom and an awesome sister.  

The famous pet loves top leather strays oliver.  I mean, that family that laughs together, stays together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

books

what goes up, must come down