rainy

It's a rainy weekend.  We didn't go camping in our new tent, and we didn't finish putting up the greenhouse/shed.  We did get in some really good naps, some house cleaning, and a couple episodes of Eureka.  I guess that's a good weekend.

The colors outside in the stormy weather look amazing.  I know that Alaska doesn't have the fall colors of New England and places, but the underbrush behind the studio has turned red.  The fireweed leaves are burning orange and the yellow leaves provide pops of color in the dull green of the canopy.

The wind is moving everything, which makes outside feel alive.  If it were still, I think the rain would be depressing and grey.  The air swishing under the awning on the porch swing, the tinkling of the wind chimes, the leaves and noise all provide a burst of energy on what could be a doldrum kind of day.

Driving home this morning, Bob commented that if we moved to the Oregon Coast, we would have a lot of grey, windy, rainy days like this.  I wonder if that's where we'll end up and how I would feel about this weather if it was day in and day out?  Fall is one of my favorite seasons, typically because I love being outside in the cool, crisp air.  I would miss it, I think.

But today, it's good.  Hot tea, snuggling with Bob and Jed, dogs snoring in front of the wood stove.  I think it makes up for not getting to sleep in that new tent.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books