sin city

So I made my first trip to Las Vegas, Nevada.  Did ya'll know that Las Vegas means "the meadows" in Spanish??  Interesting, because I always picture meadows as being kind of green, and the only green I saw in Las Vegas was leaving people's hands and going into slot machine and over priced stores.

Still, it was a good trip.  For one thing, I got to spend a week in a hotel with my husband and no children.  In all of our years of teaching and working together, this is the first time we've traveled together for work, other than the time I went as the assistant wrestling coach to chaperone his female wrestlers.

We stayed at Caesar's Palace, which was filled with statues and fountains.  In fact, I realized that in Las Vegas one can see the Eiffel Tower, an Egyptian pyramid, the Arc de Triomphe, a Venetian canal (complete with Gondolas), an exploding volcano, and Elvis.  Why travel anyplace else when you can get it all in one spot?  I did get to hold a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes, which was a big deal for me.  As some of you know, shoes are a big deal for me.  Heavenly.

Saw two great shoes - La Reve (the dream) which was a "big" production and very cool.  Water, lights, acrobatics - amazing.  Also so Absinthe, a "small" production.  Described as "Rocky Horror meets Circque de Soleil" it was a lot of fun.  Crazy talented acrobats and performers, a rather naughty mc and very humorous.

I did decide that if the barmaid asks you if you want a free carrying strap with your drink, that drink is too big.  I'm too old to be carrying a yard and a half of margarita around in public.  I did rock my "Las Vegas" dress, which my husband loved as it showcased "the girls" more than what I wear in Fairbanks. (Carhardts and fleece just aren't that sexy for a Vegas show.)

All in all, it was an experience... don't know that I'll be choosing LV as my vacation spot of choice in the future, but glad I went.  Now the pendulum has swung the other way and I'm at the sleepy beach town with beach, sand, kids, and chaos.  Gotta love it.

Comments

Samantha Wuttig said…
I can't believe that you didn't get a picture with those shoes!!!

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books