flicking falafel

Had a great afternoon with my son yesterday, and we stopped on the way to Fun Time Park to get a falafel to eat while he played. As we get to the park, all the benches and picnic tables are filled with mom visiting while kids played. These are young, healthy-type moms, with carrot sticks and 100% organic juice boxes. I could hear them talking about homeschooling and the evils of red dye. So I took my older and less conscientious self and flopped on the grass with my falafel while Jed played.

As I bit into the yummy, falafel-filled pita, a piece of it fell from the sandwich and plopped directly down into the neckline of my shirt. I had a dilemma, as I couldn't just reach into my bosom and start fishing for the piece, which had lodged itself in between skin, shirt and bra. I tried the discreet method, stood up, stretched and scratched, trying to shake the piece loose so it would fall out the bottom. No luck. I looked over at the good moms, I looked over at the kids obliviously playing, I reached into my shirt front, felt around until I found the piece of food, now split in two and could grab it out. Still undetected, I flung the offending falafel to the floor (really the ground, but I like alliteration) happy to be free.

I don't know if there's an etiquette for these situations...but if so I wish I knew it.

Comments

Missy said…
Look for the cutest guy and ask him to fish it out for you.
Sheila said…
I'm proud of you for throwing it on the ground; I definitely would have eaten it, and I am positive that's not appropriate etiquette...

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books