Well, it's May 5.  Cinco de Mayo in some circles.  When I was in the classroom, this time of year was full of stressed out teens and parents, piles of grading left to finish and get entered, balancing my own kids' activities and schedules, and the overwhelming urge to chuck all the responsibilities and spend my time drinking mint juleps and digging in the dirt.

This year, it's a little different.  Although Ali has been in her room doing homework for the last 6 hours, I'm not too stressed out.  I'm still struggling with the urges of springtime, and had to do several hours myself of finishing projects for my final class.  Once I get done with Chicago in June and presenting my portfolio, I'll have earned my masters in curriculum and instruction.  I'd been diligent as hell for the past two years, but these last 8 weeks have been tough.  I had surgery, traveled to Philly, drafted a CTE curriculum - it's just been busy.  But now, voila, I'm finished.  The crazy thing is that I just got accepted into a second masters program for Education Leadership.  Last week I was questioning the decision, but right now I'm pretty excited about staying in classes.  It's been fun to learn new stuff I can carry into my job.

So now I'm kicking back.  Bob's in San Antonio so Jed and I are being lazy (while Ali studies).  We were going to head outside for some chores, but it started raining so we have to stay inside and play video games and waste time in the Internet.  I'm waiting until 5:00 and then will fix myself a cocktail and maybe read some fiction, for fun.   My only pressing assignment is to find some cool things to do when my mom and sister meet me for 3 days in Las Vegas. That event will require some serious fun planning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

imagination

what goes up, must come down

books